- Relax Plan requirements to assist them for care received from December 6, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
- Relax Plan requirements to assist them for care received from August 24 through September 24, 2017.
- Relax Plan requirements to assist them for care received from September 6 through October 5, 2017.
For Plan members living in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands impacted by Hurricanes Irma and Maria, the APWU Health Plan will:
- Extend the initial special processing end date (set for Hurricane Irma) until the end of the year December 31, 2017. Therefore, services rendered between September 6 and December 31, 2017, will be handled as exceptions.
- The Health Plan will waive refill-too-soon limitations for members who are unable to use the mail order service for refills, or for lost or destroyed medications.
- For questions or concerns, members of the High Option are encouraged to call 1-800-222-2798; Consumer Driven Option members should call 1-800-718-1299.
Emergency resources – California wildfiresThese resources may be of assistance in locating and receiving aid during the wildfires in California.
Current fire incidentshttp://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents
County informationLos Angeles County
Red CrossRed Cross – Ventura County
836 Calle Plano
Camarillo, CA 93012
Red Cross – Los Angeles County
11355 Ohio Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Local Red Cross locatorhttp://www.redcross.org/find-your-local-chapter
Local Salvation Army locatorhttp://www.salvationarmyusa.org
Red Cross smartphone appsApps will update people on current emergency situations and provide information on safety during a disaster.
United Way 2-1-1Los Angeles County
P.O. Box 726
San Gabriel, CA 91778
Ventura CountyAddress will be disclosed to the client only
Los Angeles County Emergency Management200 N. Spring Street, Room 1533
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Ventura County Emergency Management800 S. Victoria Avenue, Suite L3450
Ventura, CA 93009
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)500 C Street Southwest
Washington, DC 20472
California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES)3650 Schriever Avenue
Mather, California 95655
Wildfire preparedness and managementhttp://www.readyforwildfire.org
Find and contact loved onesThe American Red Cross Safe and Well website is a free public reunification tool that allows individuals and organizations to register and post messages to indicate that they are safe, or to search for loved ones. The site is always available and open to the public and available in Spanish. Registrations and searches can be done directly on the website. Messages exist in both Spanish and English. To speak with someone at the American Red Cross concerning a missing friend or relative, please contact 1-800 REDCROSS OR 1-800-733-2767, choose option 1.
As an additional resource, we have provided the website information for AirBNB and VRBO, which may offer reduced rates for housing in times of disaster.
Download California Wildfires Resource list