Bargaining unit employees
All active Postal Service employees who are in the APWU bargaining unit must become dues-paying members of the APWU, except where exempt by law. You will be billed directly by the union after you enroll in your health plan.
Outside of the bargaining unit
Postal Service employees in non-APWU bargaining units (letter carriers, mail handlers, rural carriers) may enroll in an APWU Health Plan by becoming an Associate Member of the union for only $35. It's the smartest $35 you'll ever spend!
Two ways to enroll
Postal employees can enroll through the PostalEASE telephone system or website. Make sure you have your employee identification number and the USPS PIN before you start the process.
By PhoneCall 1-877-477-3273, Option 5
OnlineVisit the LiteBlue Page
Tips for enrolling online
- Visit the LiteBlue page at https://liteblue.usps.gov. Have your Employee Identification Number and USPS PIN ready.
- Type https://ewss.usps.gov in your browser’s address bar. Select "I agree." The PostalEASE logon screen will appear.
- Log on by entering your employee ID, which you can find on your pay stub, and your USPS PIN. If you don't know your PIN, select "If you do not know your USPS PIN, click here". You can then reset your PIN using the "Self Service PIN Reset Application".
- The PostalEASE main menu will appear. Under the "Benefits" heading, select "Federal Employees Health Benefits."
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits page will appear. Scroll to the bottom and select "Continue".
- The Plan Year Selection Menu will appear. Select "Open Season."
- The Open Season Transaction Menu will appear. Select "Enroll or Change Enrollment." The Open Season Enrollment form will appear.
- In the "New Enrollment Code" selection area, scroll to and choose the APWU Health Plan you’d like to join:
Self Plus One
Self and Family
High Option 471 473 472 Consumer Driven Option 474 476 475
Enter other requested information.
- Select "Validate." Follow the prompts to validate your enrollment in the APWU Health Plan.