- Am I Eligible?
SHOPPING FOR A PLAN?
APWU Health Plan is a National Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) offering both a fee-for-service High Option Health Plan and a Consumer Driven Option Health Plan. We have been proudly serving America's workforce since 1960.Compare Plan Options See Premiums See Provider Networks See 2017 Federal Brochure
- HIGH OPTION
- CONSUMER DRIVEN OPTION
- CONVERSION OPTION
New members can enroll during Open Season in the fall, or within 60 days of new employment, or for a qualifying life event.How to Enroll
- ENROLLMENT FACTS
- HOW TO ENROLL
- Healthy Living
- APWU Health
PLAN IS PROUD
TO SERVE YOU.
YOU CAN CONTACT US AT
8:30 am - 7 pm EST
Monday - Friday
- FOR HIGH OPTION MEMBERS
- Manage your benefits
- My Tools
- Customer Service
- 2017 Benefits at a Glance
- Behavioral Health
- Health Management Programs
- Cancer Centers of Excellence
- FOR CONSUMER DRIVEN
- FOR ALL MEMBERS
- Change Your Address
- Order Claim Forms
- Conversion Option
- Drug Interaction Checker
- Medical Encyclopedia
- Symptom Checker
- HIPAA Privacy Forms
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Advance Directives
- Complaints and Grievances
- Member Rights and Responsibilities Statement
- Beacon Health Options
- FSA Feds
- Health Vault
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The APWU Health Plan is seeking an Applications Programmer II. This position analyzes, designs and tests program logic; codes programs; and documents system activity and processes. This is a union position.
- Develop accurate and efficient computer programs, which includes assisting in the design of program logic for automated systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation of programs.
- Train users in efficient use of new transactions and in changes/enhancements to existing functions.
- Build solutions based on specifications provided by the Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, user community and/or subject matter experts.
- Work according to the direction of, or project plans laid out by, the Team Lead, Applications Development, Manager Application Development or their designee.
- Code, test and document new programs and changes to existing applications.
- Maintain current technical knowledge of standard languages, coding techniques and operations requirements.
- Meet position standards for productivity and quality.
- Other duties as requested.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of three to five years current development experience using SQL, .Net or other programming languages/tools.
- Minimum two years experience with EDI Mapping software such as Biztalk, Actian, Pervasive or Sybase (EcMap).
- Familiarity and understanding of HTTP/FTP/SFTP concepts.
- Experience with health insurance systems, claims processing systems, financial systems, budget and expense systems and utilization systems a plus.
The APWU Health Plan seeks a Claims Supervisor. This position manages the claims inventory, and resources through timely and accurate processing of claims.
- Meet given objectives to cycle time, QA and productivity.
- Operate within the unit administrative budget.
- Manage unit workflow and inventory.
- Update standards and unit procedures on a timely basis.
- Administer Plan personnel policies/CBA accurately and equitably.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Participate and/or collaborate on assigned Health Plan projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree (or commensurate experience) preferred.
- Decision-making/problem-solving skills.
- Motivational/leadership skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years experience in a supervisory/work leader capacity.
- Extensive health insurance claims knowledge.
- Strong work history.