Public Relations/Customer Service Supervisor
APWU Health Plan is seeking a Public Relations/Customer Service Supervisor to join our Membership Services Department. The priority of the supervisor is to make sure internet and written inquires received from members and providers of service regarding benefits, eligibility, and claims submission information are responded to in a timely and complete manner regarding claims submission information. To create, maintain, and analyze and disseminate reports/statistics for the manager of Membership Service and upper management in a timely and complete manner.
This position will monitor every aspect of the Call Management System, OnBase, NICE, and the IVR.
- Meet given objectives to cycle time, QA and productivity.
- Operate within the unit administrative budget.
- Manage unit workflow and inventory.
- Monitor the CMS, NICE, the IVR and all other systems as related to Membership Services and make recommendations to senior management to streamline processes/procedures.
- Update standards and unit procedures in a timely manner.
- Administer Plan personnel policies/CBA accurately and equitably.
- Complete assignments/reports in a timely manner.
- Participate and/or collaborate on assigned Health Plan projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four (4) years recent supervisory experience.
- Experience (extensive preferred) in health insurance claims and knowledge of the claims system.
- Experience in motivational/leadership and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- AA degree (or commensurate experience) preferred.
EOE M/F/D/V; Drug-Free Employer
Staff Accountant II
APWU Health Plan is seeking a Staff Accountant II to join our Finance Department. The incumbent assists in ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government policies for the Federal plan, conversion plan, and manages the accounting and financial reporting of the pension, incentive and compensation plans.
- Monitor accounting policies, procedures and practices for compliance with applicable laws, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and changes in legislative measures.
- Manage the accounting and financial reporting for the Employee Staff Pension Plan, Management Staff Pension Plan, Health and Welfare Trust Life Insurance Plan and Health Insurance Plan.
- Prepare journal entries related to the Federal Plan, Conversion Plan, Defined Noncontributory Benefit Pension Plans, Defined Contributory Pension Benefit Plans, Post-Retirement Benefit Plans, Dental and Vision Benefit Plans.
- Prepare reconciliations for the Federal, Conversion and Pension Plans, and the Health and Welfare Trust.
- Provide back-up support to the Senior Staff Accountant.
- Research budget variances, and assist managers in budget modifications requests.
- Administer plan personnel policies/CBA accurately and equitably.
- Operate within the unit budget.
- Adequately supervise, motivate and counsel assigned staff.
- Complete payroll accurately and timely.
- Update standards and unit procedures on a timely basis.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of Accounting coursework and experience.
- Minimum one to three years of experience in audit, accounting or in a governmental accounting position.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARS) and governmental accounting experience desirable.
- Must be capable of obtaining/maintaining government clearance through OPM.
- Excellent analytical, time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; ability to learn new software programs.
- Understanding of IRS Publication 15 – Circular E and the related supplemental Publication 15-A, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing and state and federal payroll reporting requirements.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
EOE M/F/D/V; Drug-Free Employer
NOTE TO AGENCIES We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Unsolicited resumes sent to APWU Health Plan will not be recognized and such agency will have no recourse from APWU Health Plan.