Every member who enrolls in the APWU Health Plan Consumer Driven Option (CDHP) receives a Personal Care Account. Each year, the Plan adds to your account:$1,200 per year for Self Only enrollment
$2,400 per year for Self Plus One and Self and Family enrollment
Your PCA covers all eligible expenses at 100%. For example, if you are ill and go to a network doctor for a $60 visit, the doctor will submit your claim and the cost of the visit will be deducted automatically from your PCA. You pay nothing.
And the best news? In-network preventive care covered under CDHP Section 5 does not count against your PCA.
|Balance in PCA (Self Only)||$1,200|
|Minus the cost of your visit||- 60|
|Balance remaining in PCA||$1,140|
- In-network preventive care covered under CDHP Section 5 does NOT count against your PCA.
- See pages 83-85 of the 2022 Federal Brochure.
You control your PCA
If you do not want your PCA to automatically pay your medical claims:
- Log onto myuhc.com
- Select Claims and Accounts
- Select Health Reimbursement Account
- Select Automatic Payment
- Select Change Automatic Payment Settings
Your pharmacy claims will always be paid automatically by your PCA.