Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself from COVID-19. APWU Health Plan offers 100% coverage of COVID-19 vaccines for members. The vaccines are safe, effective, and widely available.
- CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter.
- Updated COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna are now available.
COVID-19 at-home tests are covered 100%
APWU Health Plan reimburses members for COVID-19 over-the-counter tests. Get at-home tests at no cost through the Express Scripts® pharmacy and network retail pharmacy counters. Visit the FAQ page for complete details.
APWU Health Plan over-the-counter COVID-19 test coverage includes:
- $0 copay per each over-the-counter test
- Up to 4 tests per member per 30-day period
- 100% reimbursement for in-network claims
- Maximum of $12/test for out-of-network claims
You may purchase tests through local retail pharmacies or Express Scripts home delivery. Visit the FAQ page for complete details.
COVID-19 testing coverage
APWU Health Plan covers COVID-19 testing at no cost for members. If you have questions, contact your primary care doctor or clinic.
- Visits to health care providers, urgent care centers, and the emergency room when the visit results in an order for or administration of a COVID-19 diagnostic test
- COVID-19 testing when a clinical professional prescribes it, including antibody testing
Telehealth visits are available for a $10 copay
Virtual visits are a great option for both medical and mental health care when you need to see a doctor without leaving home. As an APWU Health Plan member, you pay $10 per telehealth visit when you use the plan’s providers.
- See and talk to a doctor 24 /7 from your phone, tablet, or computer
- If needed, doctors can send a prescription to your local pharmacy
Get help managing stress and anxiety
Cigna Behavioral Health provides resources to help you navigate stress and anxiety.Explore Cigna Behavioral Health
Order maintenance medications from home
APWU Health Plan offers a convenient mail order program for members with long-term prescriptions. The program offers free delivery for 90-day refills.High Option Pharmacy Program