You and all members of the APWU Health Plan have both rights and responsibilities in the management of your healthcare. Management of your healthcare includes encounters with APWU Health Plan associates and the provider community.
The following outlines your member rights with the APWU Health Plan:
- Be treated with fairness, respect and dignity at all times.
- Receive understandable information about APWU Health Plan programs, services and contractual relationships in terms and language you can understand.
- Receive timely access to covered services and drugs, as applicable.
- Have the privacy of personal health information protected.
- Receive information about the organization, your plan, its network providers and covered services.
- Receive a prompt reply to questions or requests for information.
- Receive a copy of the Member Rights and Responsibilities Statement.
- Clear information on how to file a complaint or appeal and to ask us to reconsider decisions we have made.
- Make recommendations, as well as get more information, about APWU Health Plan’s member rights and responsibilities policy.
- Know how APWU Health Plan pays in-network and out-of-network healthcare professionals for providing services.
- Participate with healthcare professionals in making decisions about healthcare.
- Have candid discussions of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for health conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Receive complete information about diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prognosis, or designate another person to receive this information on your behalf.
- Know the names and qualifications of healthcare professionals involved in medical treatment.