The dates for postal and federal employee health benefits enrollment Open Season are from the Monday of the second full work week in November through the Monday of the second full work week in December.
How to enroll
APWU Health Plan is a national preferred provider organization (PPO) that offers both a fee-for-service High Option plan and a Consumer Driven Option plan. Both options are open to all employees and retirees covered under the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program.
View enrollment instructions based on your employment status:
Choose from two solid plans
APWU Health Plan has been serving America’s postal and federal workers and retirees since 1960. We offer two distinct plans:
The High Option is a premier plan in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program.
- $25 copay for office visits, including specialists
- $10 copay for 24/7 Virtual Visits with Teladoc®
- $30 copay for all urgent care centers
- $10 copay for Tier 1 drugs
- $450 deductible for Self or $800 for Self Plus One and Self and Family, in network
- Routine dental coverage
- Diabetes medications available through mail-order: $0 copay for generic oral medication, formulary blood glucose test strips and lancets (used to reduce blood sugar)
- $25 copay for a 30-day supply of certain insulin and non-insulin drugs to treat diabetes
- Cancer Centers of Excellence paid at 95%
- Hearing aid benefit
Get to know the High Option
Download more information about the High Option
Consumer Driven Option
The Consumer Driven Option is a proactive alternative to conventional healthcare that can save you money.
- In January, the Health Plan funds a Personal Care Account (PCA) members can use for covered medical services. Members are covered at 100% until the PCA is exhausted. The Plan funds the PCA at $1,200 for Self Only and $2,400 for Self Plus One and Self and Family.
- Automatically receive a $25 wellness incentive—added to your PCA—when you or a covered family member completes an annual physical exam
- No upfront deductible, coinsurance or copay until your PCA is exhausted
- Cancer Centers of Excellence paid at 90%
- Dental and vision coverage is available under your Personal Care Account
Expanded network includes 6 new facilities in Buffalo, NY
New facilities in the Buffalo, NY, area will be in-network for Consumer Driven Option members starting 1/1/2024:
- Buffalo General Hospital
- Oishei Children’s Hospital
- HighPointe on Michigan
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
- DeGraff Memorial Hospital
- DeGraff Memorial Hospital SNF
Get to know the Consumer Driven Option
Download more information about the Consumer Driven Option