Every member who enrolls in the APWU Health Plan Consumer Driven Option (CDHP) receives a Personal Care Account. Each year, the Plan adds to your account:$1,200 per year for Self Only enrollment
$2,400 per year for Self Plus One and Self and Family enrollment
Your PCA covers all eligible expenses at 100%. For example, if you are ill and go to a network doctor for a $60 visit, the doctor will submit your claim and the cost of the visit will be deducted automatically from your PCA. You pay nothing.
And the best news? In-network preventive care covered under CDHP Section 5 does not count against your PCA.
|Balance in PCA (Self Only)||$1,200|
|Minus the cost of your visit||- 60|
|Balance remaining in PCA||$1,140|
- See pages 84-86 of the 2024 federal brochure.
You choose how your healthcare dollars are spent
- Your preventive care is covered up to 100 percent when performed in-network.
- Generally, you pay less if you choose a doctor from the network.
- Unused dollars carry over to next year’s plan.
- Tools on myuhc.com help you check costs for treatment ahead of time.