Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself from COVID-19. APWU Health Plan offers 100% coverage of COVID-19 vaccines for members. The vaccines are safe, effective, and widely available.
- CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter.
- Updated COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna are now available.
COVID-19 at-home tests are covered 100%
COVID-19 at-home tests are covered 100% for Consumer Driven Option members. Visit the FAQ page for complete details.
COVID-19 testing coverage
APWU Health Plan covers COVID-19 testing at no cost for members when services are performed in-network. If you have questions, contact your primary care doctor or clinic.
100% in-network coverage includes:
- Visits to health care providers, urgent care centers, and the emergency room when the visit results in an order for or administration of a COVID-19 diagnostic test
- COVID-19 testing when a clinical professional prescribes it, including antibody testing
Members pay 15% of the Plan allowance for a telehealth visit
Virtual Visits are a great option for both medical and mental health care when you need to see a doctor without leaving home. As an APWU Health Plan member, you pay less than the cost of an in-person office visit when you use the plan’s providers.
- See and talk to a doctor 24 /7 from your phone, tablet, or computer
- If needed, doctors can send a prescription to your local pharmacy
Virtual Visits are available through Amwell, Teladoc, Doctor on Demand, and Optum Virtual Care. Call 1-855-615-8335 or log in to myuhc.com® and choose Connect with a doctor online.Log In
Order maintenance medications from home
APWU Health Plan offers a convenient mail order program for members with long-term prescriptions. The program offers free delivery for 90-day refills.Consumer Driven Option Pharmacy Program