- Am I Eligible?
Consumer Driven Option
- Healthy Living
Consumer Driven Option
- Change your address
- Order Claim Forms
- Form 1095-B
- Conversion Option
- Health Risk Assessments
- HIPAA Privacy Forms
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Advance Directives
- Complaints and Grievances
- Member Rights and Responsibilities Statement
- Surprise Billing Notice
- APW-ABA(external link)
- FSA Feds(external link)
- OPM.gov(external link)
- PostalEase(external link)
- Married children are allowed to be covered
- There are no dependency requirements
- There are no residency requirements
- A child is not required to be a student or to have prior or current insurance coverage
|Children||Effect of ACA|
|Between ages 22 and 26||Eligible for coverage under their parents' Self and Family enrollment.|
|Married children||Married children (but NOT their spouse or their own children) are eligible for coverage up to age 26. This is true even if the child is currently under age 22.|
|Children with or eligible for employer-provided health insurance||Children who are eligible for or have their own employer-provided health insurance are eligible up to age 26.|
|Stepchildren||Stepchildren do not need to live with the enrollee in a parent-child relationship to be eligible up to age 26.|
|Children incapable of self-support||Children who are incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical disability that began before age 26 are eligible to continue coverage.|
|Foster children||The foster child must be placed with the enrollee by an authorized placement agency or by judgment, decree or order of any court of competent jurisdiction.|
How to add a child under 26 to your plan
Members must switch to a Self and Family plan during Open Season and include the child in the enrollment.
Self and Family
Members must notify us that you wish to add a dependent and provide us with the necessary information. The High Option Plan and the Consumer Driven Option Plan may handle this differently.
- If you are currently not enrolled in the FEHB program and would like to cover an eligible child, you must enroll in Self and Family coverage during Open Season.
- If you make an Open Season change, that change will take effect on the first day of the first pay period of the year.