The Consumer Driven Option is the APWU Health Plan solution for affordable yet comprehensive care. Our members are the primary decision-makers in the healthcare they receive and pay for. You have greater control in how you use your healthcare benefits.
When used properly, this different model of healthcare can save money. With UnitedHealthcare’s expansive national network, this option provides low premiums and a proactive alternative to traditional health plans.
- In January, the Health Plan funds a Personal Care Account (PCA) members can use for covered medical services. Members are covered at 100% until the PCA is exhausted. The Plan funds the PCA at $1,200 for Self Only and $2,400 for Self Plus One and Self and Family.
- Automatically receive a $25 wellness incentive—added to your PCA—when you or a covered family member completes an annual physical exam.
- No upfront deductible, coinsurance or copay until your PCA is exhausted.
- Cancer Centers of Excellence paid at 90%.
- Dental and vision coverage is available under your Personal Care Account.
When you choose network doctors.
- Preventive care and screenings
- Maternity care
- Programs to help you manage back pain and tobacco cessation